I'm so glad that we will be getting some more laptops for the classroom. I have five that work on a consistent basis these days, and look forward to having more available for daily use.
What I learned about the devices:
1. I will need to lug them into the network and power at times to receive updates from the district.
2. Students may find it easier to log on if they use SBS/username!
3. They each have a video option and we can record and manipulate videos.
I have my students reading in BOOKSPOTS while I pull guided reading groups. I will be able to create more webhunts, and reading/technology projects for students to share their reading and thinking now that I will have these devices. We will talk about proper use, storage, and sharing before we begin.
Tuesday, February 14, 2012
- Content objective: The students will create book reviews using criteria charts and just right books to publish and share with other third graders at our campus.
- When you plan to implement: We will begin this project the last 9 weeks of the school year.
- What tool(s) you plan to use: Google Presentation and our classroom BLOG
- A brief description of the project (plan - two or three sentences): We are learning to write book reviews in third grade. Students in Mrs. Skrivanek and Mrs. Ford's homerooms will share a google presentation where they create book reviews to share with other third graders. We will post the presentation on our classroom blog so that their work can then influence the reading of third graders around the world!