Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Tool #3 Videos

I love using videos in my classroom. Discovery Education is one of the best teacher tools I have! There are so many videos on a variety of topics and the search engine helps you narrow down your choices to find the one that is JUST RIGHT!

Below, you can see a few of the videos that I have used in my lessons.
I'm digging on this PURIFY website. Here's a video of one of my students and his Dr. Seuss shtick! N-joy!!


I understand that copyright and fair use are serious business. I'm still not sure I grasp it's complexity, but simply...
don't use it all....
only use it for instruction...
use it in places where passcodes and firewalls are in place...

Karen J. came and spent some time with me first semester. She showed me dropbox and I thought it was the COOLEST thing. I'm excited to use it for our upcoming planet research. Won't it be easier for my 44 students to each find two pictures to share in the box rather than looking for 8 on their own?!


1 comment:

  1. Wow! I am so impressed with your comments and your expertise with Blogging! I enjoyed watching the student video on Dr. Seuss. You lead by example omi!

    ReplyDelete